Friday, November 11, 2011

Emily– 12 Months!!


I cannot believe I am actually writing this post.  It is so hard for me to believe that one year has gone by!  I remember when I wrote about my sweet baby girl coming into this world!  Now, here we are a year later!
Scott and I are so blessed to have such a vibrant, happy, and loving baby toddler!  She brings us so much joy each and every day.  And definitely keeps me buys!!  Lordy, she sure is a busy body!  She doesn’t like to be still and she doesn’t like to be ignored!  But I think that makes her fun.
Here are some pics I snapped on November 3, 2011 – Emily’s birthday!
IMG_6494
IMG_6496
IMG_6497
IMG_6495
Seriously…..does it get any cuter?  I don’t think so!
I cannot believe how much has changed in the past year.  It seems as if she turned one and everything changed.  All of a sudden I was shopping in a different section of Babies R Us, she’s now in a convertible car seat facing forward, she’s done with formula and drinking cows milk, she’s eating macaroni and cheese with a spork, etc., etc.!  I wasn’t prepared for all that!
Another thing I wasn’t prepared for is how emotional I would be about her turning one.  I don’t know why, but it just got to me.  I’d be shopping for her birthday party and just look at her and get teary eyed in the middle of the store.  I couldn’t even sing Happy Birthday to her at her birthday party because I could feel myself getting choked up.  It was something else to hear about 50 of your closest friends & family singing happy birthday to your child for the first time. 
Here are Em’s 12 month stats:
Height:  Not sure.  We will find out at your 12 month check up!
Weight: About 23 pounds
Head Circumference: Not sure.  We will find out at your 12 month check up!
New Developments:


Aye!  So much has changed in the past year, Emily.  You are busy, busy, busy!  You aren’t quite walking yet, but I think you’ll be walking very soon.  You love to push your toys around and walk behind those though.  Daddy got you a shopping cart for your birthday and you love to push that around.  Tia Jessica and Tio David got you a babydoll stroller and you put your Minnie Mouse in that and push it around also.  It’s so cute.  You are such a big girl!  You are drinking straight cow’s milk now.  You also pretty much eat whatever I eat for lunch & dinner.  You usually have oatmeal, apples & pears, or mashed up bananas for breakfast.  You love macaroni & cheese now too!  You are also starting to eat scrambled eggs for breakfast.  You got a new car seat!  You outgrew your infant car seat.  You got a super nice convertible car seat and are facing forward now.  Mommy likes you much better that way and I think you like it too.  You are wearing pretty much all 12 month clothes.  Just today, you moved up to a size 4 diaper.  You kept leaking out of your size 3’s at night.  You are also drinking water & juice like a champ out of your sippy cup.  I got you some new sippy cups with no handles and it has a straw!  You didn’t hesitate a bit drinking out of it and I think it’s your favorite sippy cup now!  You are still saying mama and dada.  You are trying to say dog.  Every once in a while we can get you to say “boo”.  You play peek a boo with us and that’s when you’ll say it.  It’s so cute.  Daddy & I can’t wait to continue to watch you grow!  We can’t wait to see what the next year has in store!  We love you more than words can describe!!
[IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/amynwaller/sig.jpg[/IMG]

2 comments:

  1. Happy 12 mths! It seems like time just goes by faster and faster! Our little girl turned a year in May and I cant believe that was just 5 mths ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are adorable! It is hard to believe she is a year already! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and work hard to respond to all of them that I can.

Add This