Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine's Day wreath

Wow!  I cannot believe it's already almost Valentine's Day!  I swear it was just Christmas!!  I am not complaining that time is flying though.  I am ready for SPRING!!!  I am so sick of this cold weather.  And I live in Florida!  I feel so bad for the people in truly cold climates.  Yowza! 

Anyway, I worked on a little Valentine's Day project the other day.  I realized I don't have any V-Day decorations.  I had a flag for outside and that was it!  So I decided to make a little wreath.  Nothing special.  But, I saw this wreath the other day on Tatertos & Jello:



Cute, right!?!  I already had a wreath form, but it wasn't heart shaped.  I looked for one on my next trip to Michaels but they didn't have one so I decided the one I already had was good enough.  It was just a flat wooden form.  It'll do!  So I grabbed some red yarn and wrapped that bad boy up!



Then I glued on some cream colored felt.


{front}

{back}

Then I used my Cricut to cut out some black vinyl letters that say "LOVE" and placed them on the felt.  I used a little extra glue on the back of the letters because vinyl doesn't exactly stick to felt like a charm.  I used some pink felt and a cute scrapbooking brad I had on hand to make a little flower.  Then I used some ribbon I had on hand to tie to the top and hung it on my door!  It turned out cute!




Pretty easy and pretty cute!  Doesn't get much better than that!

Ok, baby's awake from her nap.  Till next time.....


6 comments:

  1. That is REALLY cute! I love that you worked with what you had on hand. I try to do that as much as possible too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute wreath! Love your blog. Im your newest follower, would love if you would follow me back! Have a great day!

    Ali

    www.ncbabyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that the text on yours is big, I think it really makes the wreath stand out! So cute:))

    https://jennoreilly.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I discovered your super cute idea...I chose to feature it in my
    {love} day post at Undeserving Grace ...it
    will post Monday {Feb 7} I hope you have a chance to swing by and
    check it out!
    -tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are hosting a Valentine linkup party over at Sassy Sites! I would love to have you stop by and link up this Valentine post (and ANY other valentine post you have!) xoxo!!

    <3 Marni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and work hard to respond to all of them that I can.

Add This