Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blogging Tips

Gail at My Repurposed Life recently did a few posts with some amazing blogging tips (which is faaaaantastic for a newbie such as myself)!
She ooohed and aaahed about Windows Live Writer.  So with that much praise, I had to check it out.  I am happy to report that I am now writing this post via Windows Live Writer!  It is pretty easy and user friendly.  Gotta love easy!  I just need to figure out how to add my signature at the end of every post without manually having to do it each time. 
She also shared a link that was shared with her that has seriously changed my life.  Ok, maybe it’s not that dramatic but it was a pretty neat little trick!  So, Google Reader is great.  I love it.  All my blogs, in one place.  I have to admit that before I discovered Google Reader, I had all my favorite blogs bookmarked and saved in my “favorites”.  Everyday I would go into my favorites folder and click on each blog individually to see if they had posted anything new.  Wow.  I was lame!  But I’m admitting that’s how I did.  Then came Google Reader and saved the day!  But I realized that I missed seeing everyone’s layouts and cute headers and backgrounds.  And I also didn’t like that I had to go out of Google Reader to their blog if I wanted to leave a comment (and let’s face it….being a newbie blogger I’m trying to leave lots of comments and make some new friends in blogland).  So this is the link she shared.  Seriously border-line life changing! Follow the easy peasy directions on that link (which will take you to another stellar blog, mind you) and you will be able to go through your Reader, but it takes you to the actual blog.  You can see their cute blog designs and leave comments, but you’re only reading the new posts that are in your Reader!  AH-MAZING!
If you’re new to blogging like me or just want some great tips, head on over to Gail’s blog and have fun (make sure you have a snack and a cup of coffee…..you might be there a while)!
And on that note, I’ll leave you with another picture of my ridiculously cute child!  :)
IMG_4756
{snuggling with daddy watching football}

Amy 

1 comment:

  1. Great tip. I haven't used google reader because I like the experience of seeing the entire blog when I visit...I guess I'm very visual! :) Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. Your baby girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and work hard to respond to all of them that I can.

Add This