Friday, July 8, 2011

Our trip out west!

The last week in June we took a trip out west for my brother-in-law’s wedding!  This was Emily’s first time flying and to say I was a nervous wreck that first plane ride is an understatement.  F’real.

To my surprise…..Emily did AMAZING!!!  She was so good on the plane rides.  She slept and played and ate.  She really only got a little fussy a couple times.  And that was on the 4 hour plane ride from Atlanta to Salt Lake.  I don’t blame her.  I was getting a little fussy too!

photo (5)

photo 1(1)

photo 2

{Having some fun in the SLC airport}

Flying over Salt Lake and into Jackson Hole is so gorgeous!!!  God’s creation really amazes me.  Those mountains are just breathtaking {and still covered in snow, might I add}.

photo 2(1)

photo 3(1)

We finally landed in Jackson Hole and Todd, my B-I-L came to pick us up. 

photo 3

Jackson is just a gorgeous place.  Todd lives in Idaho, on the other side of the Teton mountains from Jackson Hole.  It is gorgeous there too!

We went and grubbed on some pizza and just hung out!

photo 4

{blurry iPhone pic}

IMG_4710

Our cabin was so cute!  It was a really nice place.

IMG_5562IMG_5563IMG_5566

Everything in the cabins was from IKEA!!!  That made me so happy.  The fridge, the stove, the plates, the mugs, the silverware, the knife block, the bowls, the strainers, the serving spoons…….EVERYTHING!  I loved it!

IMG_5570

 

 

This was the view from our cabin…..

IMG_5571

IMG_5573

And a creek ran behind our cabin…..

IMG_5575

We grilled out…..

IMG_5582

And had bonfires…….

IMG_5585

IMG_5594

Emily loved the open space in front of our cabin.  She played and played.

IMG_5603

IMG_5607

IMG_5615

IMG_5623

We also went on some walks…..

IMG_5629

{That is Scott with his 2 aunts and his uncle}

IMG_5634

IMG_5648

IMG_5652

{I love, love, love this picture!}

Emily pet a horse for the first time…..

IMG_5669

And I went horseback riding for the first time…..

IMG_4758

IMG_4729

IMG_4757

IMG_4734

The wedding was beautiful and we had a great time!

IMG_5675

IMG_5681

IMG_5717

IMG_5782

IMG_5829

{That’s Scott’s cousin, Emma.  She’s kinda awesome!}

She caught the bouquet!

IMG_5833

We played with fake moustaches all night……

IMG_5856

IMG_5857

IMG_5859

It was a great time!  I am so glad we were able to go, and even more glad that Emily did such a great job on the trip.  I am definitely one lucky mama!

 

xoxo,

Amy

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and work hard to respond to all of them that I can.

Add This