Friday, December 23, 2011

Quick, Easy, & Interchangeable {Christmas Décor}


Hey guys!


I wanted to share with you a super quick and easy project I did to add a little extra Christmas décor to our family room!


I didn’t really go crazy with the decorations this year for some reason.  There were some bins of Christmas stuff I didn’t even go through.  For some reason, I just wasn’t into going all out with the Christmas décor this year. 


But, there was one project that I wanted to tackle (mainly because it was super easy and super quick). 


I had this wall hanging that just didn’t go with my house anymore.  It’s sweet, but just doesn’t go anywhere in my home.


IMG_6123


So, I measured it out and cut some canvas drop cloth I had in my stash to cover it.  I cut it a few inches longer on each side in order to be able to wrap the drop cloth around to the back.  I used some spray adhesive to adhere the canvas drop cloth to the art piece. 


IMG_6129IMG_6131

IMG_6909


I just hot glued the fabric to the back of the board.


Then, I cut my fabric scraps into strips of different lengths.  To adhere them to the canvas, I used a really complicated and rather exhausting method………


I used double sided tape to stick them on.  I know, I know!  That part is really going to take some time and you’re really going to have to be diligent but just stick with it and you’ll love the end result!  Winking smile


IMG_6906IMG_6912IMG_6916


I’ve had it hanging up for a couple of weeks now and not one single piece of fabric has fallen off!  I love that come January I will be able to just peel those fabric scraps off and adhere a big snowflake or something else.  In February I can do a cute Valentine’s Day heart and/or cupid.  In March I can do a big shamrock with some fun green fabric. The possibilities are endless.  I would have hot glued them down since that isn’t necessarily permanent either, but I was afraid it would have damaged my canvas drop cloth, so I went with the double sided tape!  And it has worked like a charm!


This project took me all of about 15 minutes!  Oh....and did I mention FREE!!!  Love it!


Have you done any quick and simple Holiday projects around your home?  Please share!!  I’d love to see!  I love pinning new ideas to my Pinterest board!



sig PNG copy














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and work hard to respond to all of them that I can.

Add This