Saturday, June 5, 2010

check, check, check (that's me checking my list off)

Well, today was a very eventful day! We woke up this morning and drove to Thomasville to go to Our New Baby!  We looked around at some bedding, strollers, pack & plays, and nursery furniture.  We didn't really see anything that we were in love with.  On our way out of the store, the sales associate told us about a super mega Our New Baby in Dothan, AL.  He said it was huge and they had a ton more stuff.  So, we decided to make the 2 hour drive to Dothan!  Why not!  We had nothing better to do today.  I am SO glad we went!  We found our crib and dresser/changing table there!!  I LOVE it!  It is so cute and girly!  It is great quality, too.  Here are some pictures:



I am so excited about it!  It should be here next weekend!!!  We also bought some bedding, but I am not sure I am in love with it.  I'll probably take it back because I ordered the bedding I really wanted when we got home. 
Here is the bedding we bought today:

Here is the one I really love and ordered when we got home:



I think we're going to stick to the last bedding set and take the other one back.  Besides, that will give me an good excuse to go back to Our New Baby!  :)

When we got in the car to head home, I looked in the back at the crib mattress and bedding set we bought and I just started crying.  I think I was just excited.  I can't believe we are going to have a baby girl to love and to hold.  It's amazing.  By the way, we got confirmation on Friday that it definitely is a girl.  We had an appointment with Dr. Willis at the Maternal & Fetal Medicine at TMH and he confirmed that it definitely is a girl!!!  We are so excited! 

In other news, Friday was the kids' last day of school!  I still have to go back on Monday and Tuesday but I am HOME FREEEEE!!!!  I don't think I like working very much (but really, who does?!?!).  I am excited to have the summer to get ready for this baby.  Next weekend, we are heading to Miami to see everyone.  That should be pretty exciting!  I especially can't wait to see Mariola, who is pregnant also!  She is due one day before me!  I hope to also check out some Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bags while I'm down there.

Yay!  Life is good.  I miss my girls, but life is good. 

Thank you, Lord!  I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and work hard to respond to all of them that I can.

Add This