Thursday, June 10, 2010

Home Overload



Ok, so I have a confession to make.  Yesterday I wasn't feeling great so I thought it would be a fabulous idea to sit on the computer for the entire day (minus the hour long trip to Marshall's & Target).  I felt like a drug addict yesterday.  I absolutely could not stop looking at a couple of blogs I found.  One would think I was looking at baby blogs and different fabulous baby things online.  Oh no.  That was not the case.....at all! 

I was stuck on this blog: 





and this one:
















and this one:











Oh my gosh!!!  I literally spent ALL day on those cool kids' blogs!  It was like a trainwreck.  I just couldn't take my eyes off of them!  So, needless to say.....I got inspired.  I am not nearly as creative or resourceful or motivated as those people are but I got myself off to a nice little start. 

I started last night by wanting to do an "overhaul" of sorts on the office area in the eat-in kitchen (thanks to the inspiration at IHeartOrganizing!).  I haven't been satisfied with it since we've moved in.  I want it to be a useful area, but not cluttered and junky since it is in a common area in the house.  So, I took a little bit of inspiration from my fellow bloggers and this is what I came up with:

Before (actually in mid clean up):














After:





 
I love the new little mail caddy.  I took that inspiration from one of the blogs.  I also decided to move the printer back down because, well.....I need it!  It was upstairs in the bedroom and it just wasn't functional there.  I also added a calendar which we have been needing!  Scott and I are always on the go and we have lots of places to be so keeping it all in check on the calendar will be nice.  I also am really digging the little corner with the lamp.  It has a picture of Baby Waller in the frame and that hydrangea came straight out of my backyard!  Super!

If you have a minute, I highly suggest you take a look at the blogs I mentioned above!  They are pretty fantastic and I'm sure you'll find some great ideas too! 

I'm off to be domestic now.  Lasagna is on the menu tonight! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and work hard to respond to all of them that I can.

Add This