Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas time!!

I have to say....the Holidays are bittersweet.  I am so glad that Christmas is over but can't believe yet another Christmas went by so fast!  We had a great first Christmas with our sweet baby girl.  It will be neat next year when she is a bit older and will be running around tearing into her presents on her own!

The in-laws came into town for the Holidays as well.  It was nice to visit with them again.  They were excited to spend Emily's first Christmas with her as well.  It is a tradition in my family that we all get together on Christmas Eve.  We used to all go to my grandparent's house, but since my grandmother passed we have been doing our Christmas Eve festivities at my parent's house.  It is sooooo much fun to get everyone together.  We usually have drinks and appetizers and then my mom cooks an amazing feast!!  I love her Christmas cookin'.  This year, Scott's parents joined us for the fun.  I don't think they were ready for my rowdy family!  My dad had a huge bonfire going in the back.  My parents are on almost 3 acres of land so there's plenty of room for fun and games.  My uncle brought his guitar and we all sang out by the bonfire.  And of course we opened gifts.  That's the best part!  Emily made out like a bandit!  She got some great gifts, and so did Scott and I.

We spent Christmas day at our house.  We opened gifts with Scott's parents.  Then, my parents came over later on that day for dinner and brought Emily her gifts from them.  So she got to open presents for a third time!  I'm telling you, she made out with some pretty neat gifts!

Here are some of my favorite shots from Christmas Eve & Christmas:


{Me & Little Emily by her tree at Nana's house}

{Aunt Vicki & Emily}


{The fam getting some grub}

{Birthstone earrings from daddy}

{I guess she likes her new jogging stroller!  But probably not as much as mommy does!!!  Yay for the B.O.B!}
{All this gift opening makes a girl tired!}


Oh!  I almost forgot!  Scott and I had quite a time with our Christmas tree this year!  We decided to get a real tree and here's why:


That poor little guy didn't stand a chance!  I'm not really sure what we were thinking when we bought this poor little pre-lit fakie.  We got it up and it just looked.....well....pathetic in our huge formal living room.  So, we packed Emily up and we went on a hunt for a real tree!  It was quite a fiasco (think Leaning Tower of Pisa), but once we got it up we were so much happier with it!






Much better!  Here are some other Christmas decorations we had up this year.  I wish I would have photographed all of them, but I didn't.  Maybe I'll have my act together next year (I think I say that every year).



Now it's 2011 and I've got some work to do!  But, I'll save that for another post!

I hope you had a very merry Holiday season & a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and work hard to respond to all of them that I can.

Add This