Friday, February 4, 2011

Office Nook Spruce Up

I was browsing the dollar aisle at Michael's the other day and hiding on the very bottom shelf I found a roll of printed vinyl.  It was called "shabby chic vinyl roll" or something like that.  They had a few different designs.  I snagged a roll for $3 and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. 

You see, we have an office nook of sorts in our breakfast nook.  It really is a great space and I'm constantly working on it to make it feel like a part of the house and not too "officey" since it is in the heart of our home.  It has all white cabinets and a little nook is cut out in the top cabinets for.....I don't really know what.  It's not even tall enough for magazine file holder thing-a-ma-bobs or anything.  So I've tried to decorate it with a few items to, again, make it feel more "homey" and less "officey".  But I thought this little niche in the cabinets needed something extra.  Enter "shabby chic vinyl roll". 

I simply measured the niche and cut my vinyl to those measurements with a good 'ole pair of scissors.  I know I took before pictures but they have disappeared.  Poof.  Gone.  No clue what happened to them.  So just imagine this little nook being plain jane white.

Here's the after:

IMG_4857

IMG_4858

IMG_4859

Much better!  It gives it just that right amount of color without being overpowering.  Love it.  So quick and simple.   And CHEAP at only $3.  Score!

Now I’m off to run errands and then clean for the Super Bowl party on Sunday!  Yikes!

 

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Lately, the dollar aisle at my Michel's has been in sorry shape, but they were getting rid of the after Christmas stuff.

    I like the punch of color on your shelf. Looks like that was just what it needed. Amazing how sometimes a simple change is all you need!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and work hard to respond to all of them that I can.

Add This