Thursday, February 9, 2012

Countdown To Blissdom, A New Bag, and A Big Move

 

I am so excited!!!  In 15 days I will be hoppin’ on a plane and headed to Nashville to attend my very first blog conference, Blissdom!  To say I’m excited is an understatement.  I just can’t wait to learn more about this little hobby I’ve created for myself! 

 

To prepare myself for Blissdom, I’ve done lots of searching on Polyvore for the perfect outfits, I ordered some business cards, and I got myself a new bag!

I kind of panicked about the business cards.  I procrastinated a bit and was afraid I might not have them in time so I wasn’t able to order the snazzy die cut cards like I had hoped, but that’s ok!  I designed my cards and ordered them through Vistaprint. 

blog biz card front copy blog biz card back copy

I also decided that I needed a snazzy new bag!  My first thought was to turn to Kellie @ Nest of Posies.  But, I was in a bit of a time crunch and a little bit of a $$ crunch.  I just couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger and purchase the bag from her (although I am totally about supporting fellow bloggers).  I thought maybe I could DIY a tote bag like Lara @ Less Cake More Frosting did and save some money! 

So I set off to Hobby Lobby and purchased a cute jute tote.  It was the perfect size for carrying my laptop, iPad, blog binder, and pens!  I got some paint and fabric medium and had full intentions of DIYing my tote bag!

Then the light bulb went off!  I remembered that I had won free monogramming from a local shop here in town!  DUH!  I could take my bag to them and have them embroider my blog name on the bag.  They were able to create EXACTLY what I wanted.  I was afraid they might not be able to do the frame around my blog name, but they nailed it!  I love it!  I got it home and quickly got busy adding some cute felt flowers to it!

 IMG_7565IMG_7566IMG_7569

I love, love, love it!!!  I have it hanging on our entry shelf and I just smile every time I walk by it!

In other news, I am making a big move.  I am in the process of moving my blog over to Wordpress.  Crazy, I know!  Even crazier….I’m attempting to do the move ALL BY MYSELF.  So far I am about to pull my hair out (Thank you, Maryann for putting up with my 50 million questions)!!!  It’s not as easy as all the tutorials I read make it seem!  Haha.  But, I’m going to stick with it and figure it out because I think it will be better in the long run for me and for my blog. 

As you guys have probably heard, Google Friends Connect is going bye-bye on all non-blogger blogs.  Which means, when I’m all done with the switch, GFC will pretty much be obsolete.  I might get a week or so where it’s still active on my Wordpress site.  I will continue to keep you updated on ways you can follow my blog when I’m all done switching it over.

In the meantime, if things look wonky….don’t think too much of it.  Hopefully I’ll have it all fixed soon!  If you notice that links aren’t working properly, please do me a favor and send me an email and let me know.  That’s the part I’m struggling with most…..getting all the links to transfer, etc. 

I really appreciate you guys sticking with me.  This blog really gives me a place to go and be ME.  Not mom, not wife, not daughter…..just ME!  Don’t get me wrong, I love being all those things.  But this blog really gives me the chance to get in the zone, be creative, and do things I really love.  I’m glad you’re by my side on this little journey!!  I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Ummm…..don’t you just love my new bag!?!?!  Are you going to Blissdom, by chance?  If so…..leave me a comment!! I’d love to meet you!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

 

2-2012 copy

I am linking up to many of these great parties:

M: DIY Showoff Project Parade, Metamorphosis Monday, Made by You Mondays, Just Something I Whipped Up, Today’s Creative Blog, Making Monday Marvelous, Polly Want A Crafter T: Get Your Craft On, Tip Junkie, Home Stories A to Z, Homework, A Bowl Full Of Lemons W: Uncommon, Oopsey Daisy, Uncommon, Twin Dragonfly Designs, Creative Spark , Not Just A Housewife Th: 36th Avenue, Just A Girl, Gluesticks, House of Hepworths, Every Creative Endeavor F: My Repurposed Life, Sassy Sites, I’m Lovin’ It, Remodelaholic’s Anonymous, Frugal Friday, Fingerprints On The Fridge, Feature Yourself Friday, Pity Party, Weekend Wrap-Up, Weekend Bloggy Reading S:  Positively Splendid, I Heart Naptime, Be Different, Act Normal  Su:  Under The Table & Dreaming, Remodelaholic, Homemaker On A Dime

[IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/amynwaller/sig.jpg[/IMG]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and work hard to respond to all of them that I can.

Add This